Tuesday, March 3, 2009

8...8...i forgot what 8 was for

zoe is 8! she celebrated with some of her favorite little girlies from school. they ate pizza and decorated their own cakes and played and giggled and laughed their little heads off. so in honor of her 8th birthday, here are 8 things we LOVE about our zoe lane.

  1. she talks in her sleep. usually just a word or two. "beep" "tap dance" "never mind". she doesn't believe me.

  2. she loves all things school related. reading. math. writing. when she was in preschool she used to ask me to make up assignments and give her due dates and grade her work.

  3. she is the first born. (just like my husband, my mom, my mother in law, my sister, my sister in law...)

  4. she is always right. (or so she thinks.)

  5. she is a great eater. i mean, she'll try anything and she likes everything. almost. (she LOVES strawberries, but isn't a big fan of meat or seafood.)

  6. she is not a complainer. for that, i am extremely grateful.

  7. she is great about saving her money. she can often be found with 20-30 bucks crammed ever so nicely in her little heart wallet.

  8. she is an animal lover. cats, especially, but also dogs, bunnies, gerbils, birds. since she was 3 she has answered the age old question, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" with "a vet."
when people ask me what my favorite age is, i can't answer. zoe has made every single year so fun. so happy. so lovable. i am lucky to be her mom.