Sunday, June 7, 2009

someday

someday my children will not wake us up at 6 o'clock on the weekend. someday they will quietly make their own cereal in the morning and not spill a drop of milk. someday we will not bring snacks to church. or diapers. or crayons. someday i will fit into my favorite pre-max jeans. someday i will hug my favorite norwegian in her homeland. someday i will finish knitting zoe's blanket. and riley's dress. someday my husband will graduate. for the last time. and i will know what i want to be when i grow up...someday. someday i will not hear my name "mahhhhaahm" shouted across the yard or house or park, followed by a string of tales to be tattled. someday it will not be one of my children that yells, "i gotta go POOP! " "riley, shhhh." "and pee!" in the middle of an awards ceremony. someday my children will know not to eat the homemade play dough. ("this cookie dough tastes funny.") today is not that day. so until then, i will smile at my babies. and laugh with my husband and know that someday, when today is just a memory, i will miss it.